Frequently Asked Questions
Questions? Here, you'll find answers to our top FAQs plus lots of general information about Linkside at Old Hawthorne. Have more specific questions? Please reach out to us! Feel free to contact a Community Liaison to talk through your unique situation. We are skilled in move management, and we can help you navigate the logistical concerns of downsizing and transition. We have a Concierge Provider Network to support you. These preferred vendors are vetted and approved, and can assist you with anything you may need to make a move, and live comfortably at Linkside. You may also contact a Sales Agent to learn more about our award-winning floor plans and special pricing. Since our developer & builder is onsite, we can also help you design your dream home!
FAQs: General InformationWhat is Linkside at Old Hawthorne?
Why would I want to move to Linkside Old Hawthorne?
Is Columbia, Mo. a desirable place to retire?
How far is Linkside from shopping, restaurants and hospitals?
FAQs: Key BenefitsWill I have to take care of my own yard? Do I have to shovel snow?
Does Linkside have its own clubhouse?
Is Linkside a gated community?
What are the Linkside Homeowner Association Benefits?
- Age-restricted community
- Gated neighborhood
- Professional landscaping and lawn care
- Irrigation and landscape materials
- Snow removal
- Use of private clubhouse
- Street lighting and street maintenance
- Covenants protecting investment value of home
- Property insurance (Villa only)
- Exterior structural maintenance (Villa only)
What are the Old Hawthorne Social Member Benefits?
- Fine dining and casual meals at the Club's Bar & Grille (no minimum spend)
- Year-round activities and gatherings (something for everyone)
- Catering staff available for planning special events (a business event, graduation or wedding)
- Stunning 30,000 square foot clubhouse, with use of event and meeting space (a perfect setting)
- Ability to upgrade membership levels for golf, fitness, tennis, pickle-ball, swimming, and more
FAQs: Pricing & CostsAre homes and villas for sale or for rent?
How much are Linkside homes?
What are the associated monthly costs?
- Linkside Homeowner's Dues: $260 Month (Detached Veranda)OR $298 Month (Attached Villa)
- Old Hawthorne Social Membership Dues: $75.58 Month
FAQs: Buying at LinksideAre the homes at Linkside considered condominiums?
Why buy a home at Linkside rather than move into a 55+ rental community?
Can I purchase a lot?
Are there any golf course view lots?
FAQs: Living at LinksideDo I have to be retired to live here?
Do I have to be 55 to live at Linkside at Old Hawthorne?
Are children welcome at Linkside? Can my grandchildren visit?
FAQs: DirectionsWhere is Columbia, Mo.?
Where is Old Hawthorne?
How do I get to Linkside?